Correctly implemented ads are key for optimal revenue potential.
Make sure your game has a preroll, and plenty of midroll ad-calls.
- The more midroll ad-calls the better! Ideally these are placed on all non-gameplay buttons, to spread that users will see ads. Our SDK regulates the ad-interval through the SDK, so users will only see an ad when the set time-frame has passed. This means there is no worry about spamming users by placing too many ad-calls.
- Make clever use of rewarded ads. Rewarded ads ignore the ad-interval timer, since users actively ask for this ad (to get the reward). Adding fun upgrades, characters or level skips using rewarded ads can help increasing your revenue a lot!
- Use display ads where possible. If it is not invasive to the gameplay, a display ad can help increase revenue too.
Extended playtime is another way to increase game revenue. The longer a user plays your game/the more a user comes back to play your game, the more ads are shown. Make sure your game includes features that make the users want to come back, some examples that have proven to increase retention rate are:
- Levels (the more the better).
- Unlockables (characters, weapons, you name it!).
- Daily rewards.