The thumbnails should contain original artwork, representing the actual game or its aesthetic.
Thumbnails are the business card to your game, and leave a strong first impression on the users: make good use of this! They should show a glance of the gameplay with characters in action/emotions and a strong invitation to be clicked. Make sure the type of game is clear from the thumbnail. For example: for a puzzle game, you can add puzzle pieces.
The more people click the image, the higher the chances that your game will be successful. We have listed a few tips to achieve the best result:
- Make sure the images are sharp.
- Use simple and bold graphics.
- Good contrast and lots of colors catch the eye.
- Less is more!
- Make your images easy to scale down.
- Add a large and still readable logo (if applicable).
You can also check our developer guidelines for more information.